How to choose the right size
The number in the movements title (eg 5mm Clock Movement) refers to the length of the shaft.
So to work our which movement you need you just have to measure the thickness of your dial.
Here are a few common dials and what size is appropriate:
- CD Clock - 5mm Clock Movement
- Record Clock - 5mm Clock Movement
- 5mm MDF - 9mm Clock Movement
- Dinner Plate - 12mm Clock Movement (varies depending on the plate thickness)
- 10mm MDF - 15mm Clock Movement
We recommend you allow 3mm for the nut and washes.
The diagram above shows the measurements of our movements. Measurement C relates to our movement titles (for example in our 5mm Clock Movement C = 5mm). All of our movements have a 8mm shaft diameter. So if you are drilling a hole you need it to be just a bit bigger than that.
If you have any questions regarding our clock movement sizing please contact us - we are happy to answer any questions you may have.